Farm Store, Tours and Chocolate Tastings are open!
Farm Store open to the public
Our Farm Store is now open to the public from 10am to 4pm Monday through Friday! You can also purchase all of our chocolates here, including gifts such as our hats and t-shirts. Hope to see. you there!
Our farm store operates under a Hawai'i County Agricultural-based Commercial Operation Certification where we sell all of our farm products.
Afternoon guided tour and chocolate tasting
- Our 45 minute farm tour includes a view of our cacao orchards with nearly 1000 trees. We also grow Sugarloaf pineapple, turmeric, vanilla orchids, 40+ varieties of exotic/tropical fruit and avocado trees, coffee, native Hawaiian varieties of sugar cane (Ko), and lots of other cool stuff. We also share the history and roots of our century-old farm, and the history of the district of Hamakua.
- After the tour of our cacao orchard, we'll host you for our 1 hour chocolate tasting including select chocolates from Hawai'i and around the world, allowing you to experience how a particular region’s climate, soils and terrain affect the taste of the chocolate, "the terroir" as winemakers have so famously coined the term. We make all of the chocolates right here on the farm starting from the dry beans, all of which are sourced from mostly certified organic and fair trade farms. We'll share the history and process of making chocolate from tree to tasting, and you’ll get to view our chocolate-making facility.
Tour and tastings information:
- Tours/tastings are by reservation only, and we have a two-person minimum.
- Our tours/tastings are limited to a maximum of 8 people per group and a maximum of 2 groups in order to give you the best experience possible.
- Tour fee is $60/person, kids under 10 are $30/each, kids under age 5 are free (no tasting is included). Please let us know if you have any kids under five that are attending.
- Cacao trees thrive in moist environments, so we operate rain or shine. It's a great rainy-day experience under our dry tasting area with a view of the entire farm.
- Visit our farm store after the tour to purchase our products
- We operate our tours Monday thru Friday from 2 to 4pm, with a few exceptions, and the booking calendar will clarify those. If you have special needs or are interested in a group event, please use our contact page and let's see if we can make something work.
- Click on a calendar date for availability.
- Refund and Cancellation Policy: cancellations made 24 hours in advance will receive a full refund. All others will receive a partial refund of 50%. No-shows are non-refundable.