Farm Tours and Chocolate Tastings have resumed!
On-site tours and tastings
In an effort to reopen our tours and tastings asap, and while supporting safe business re-openings amid the pandemic, we will be supplying FDA approved Hand Sanitizer for all of our guests, and, we'll require our guests to follow our state mandated protocols (social distancing and masks).
- Our 45 minute farm tour includes a view of our cacao orchards with nearly 1000 trees, 1,600 white pineapple plants, turmeric, vanilla orchids, 40+ varieties of exotic/tropical fruit and avocado trees, coffee, native Hawaiian varieties of sugar cane (Ko), and lots of other cool stuff. We also share the history and roots of our century-old farm, and the history of the district of Hamakua.
- Our 1 hour tastings include select chocolates from around the world (including Hawai'i), allowing you to experience how a particular region’s climate, soils and terrain affect the taste of the chocolate, "the terroir" as winemakers have so famously coined the term. We make all of the chocolates right here on the farm starting from the dry beans, all of which are sourced from sustainable and fair trade farms. We'll share the history and process of making chocolate from tree to tasting, and you’ll get to view our chocolate-making facility. We’ll also sample the amazing aroma of real Hawaiian vanilla extract, and taste our in-season fruits. Our farm store operates under a Hawai'i County Agricultural-based Commercial Operation Certification where we sell all of our farm products.
Tour and tastings information:
- Tours/tastings are by reservation only, and we have a two-person minimum. If your'e trying to reserve for a single person and aren't able to, wait a day and typically we'll start filling up so that you are able to place a reservation
- Our tours/tastings are limited to 8 people maximum in order to give you the best experience possible.
- Tour fee is $60/person, kids under 10 are $30/each, kids under age 5 are free (no tasting is included). Please let us know if you have any kids under five that are attending.
- Cacao trees thrive in moist environments, so we operate rain or shine. It's a great rainy-day experience under our dry tasting area with a view of the entire farm. Check the weather link at the bottom of the site to view our current weather.
- Visit our farm store after the tour to purchase our products
- We operate our tours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2 to 4pm, with a few exceptions, and the booking calendar will clarify those. If you have special needs or are interested in a group event, please use our contact page and let's see if we can make something work.
- Cancellations made 24 hours in advance will receive full refund. All others will receive a partial refund of 50%.
- Click on a calendar date for availability.