In January 2018, we began offering farm tours and tastings of our artisan chocolates that are made right here on our farm.
The farm tour includes a view of our cacao orchard with nearly 500 trees, 1,600 white pineapple plants, turmeric, vanilla orchids, 40+ varieties of exotic/tropical fruit and avocado trees, coffee, native Hawaiian varieties of sugar cane (Ko), and lots of other cool stuff. We also share the history and roots of our century-old farm, and the history of the district of Hamakua.
Our tastings include select chocolates from around the world (including Hawai'i), allowing you to experience how a particular region’s climate, soils and terrain affect the taste of the chocolate, "the terroir" as winemakers have so famously coined the term. We make all of the chocolates right here on the farm starting from the dry beans, all of which are sourced from sustainable and fair trade farms. We'll share the history and process of making chocolate from tree to tasting, and you’ll get to view our chocolate-making facility. We’ll also taste farm-fresh honey, smell the amazing aroma of real Hawaiian vanilla extract, and taste our in-season fruits, including our special “Phrosties” made only from frozen white pineapple grown right here on the farm.
Our farm store and gift shop operate under a Hawai'i County Agricultural-based Commercial Operation Certification where we sell Hawaiian-grown and value-added products in addition to our own farm products.
Tour and tastings information:
- Tours/tastings are by reservation only
- Cancellations made 24 hours in advance will receive full refund. All others will receive a a partial refund of 50%
- We operate our tours Monday thru Saturday from 2 to 4pm. If you have special needs or are interested in a group event, please use our contact page and lets see if we can make something work.
- Tour fee is $40/person, kids under 10 are $20/each, kids under 5 free (no tasting is included)
- Cacao trees thrive in moist environments, so we operate rain or shine. It's a great rainy-day experience under our dry tasting area with a view of the entire farm. Check the weather link at the bottom of the site to view our current weather.
- Visit our farm store and gift shop after the tour to purchase our products
- Click on a calendar date for availability.