Sheltering in place? Can't make it to Hawaii for one of our tours?
Virtual Chocolate Tastings are here starting Monday April 6th! See details below...
Virtual Chocolate Tastings Are Here!
As we've suspended our on-site farm tours and tastings for the next 3 to 4 weeks through early April, consistent with Federal and State requests to help combat the COVID-19 Pandemic, we're now offering Virtual Chocolate Tastings starting Monday April 6th!
Here's how it works:
- Purchase a tasting pack from our online store at a discounted rate of 15% off and give it a week to arrive. We'll send you a Zoom (remote meeting) code and link after your purchase
- Sign up for one of our virtual tasting availabilities on the calendar below at no cost.
In the spirit of being prepared and well stocked for extra time at home, we will continue to ship all chocolate orders, as time at home with ohana is time to enjoy great chocolate! Our 70% and 85% dark chocolate are rich in flavonoids, which are a high source of antioxidants, helping to fight chronic diseases. Shop our online store or visit one of the following local businesses to pick up some of our bars to have your own chocolate tasting: Kona Wine Market, Merriman's Waimea, Waimea Butcher Shop, Liquid Life Waimea.
We sincerely hope that you, your loved ones, and friends weather this storm without significant issues. Be safe, and we look forward to seeing you in a future tour.
On-site tours and tastings
As mentioned about, our on-site tours and tastings have been suspended until further notice. We'll be back as soon as reasonably possible.
Our 45 minute farm tour includes a view of our cacao orchards with over 500 trees, 1,600 white pineapple plants, turmeric, vanilla orchids, 40+ varieties of exotic/tropical fruit and avocado trees, coffee, native Hawaiian varieties of sugar cane (Ko), and lots of other cool stuff. We also share the history and roots of our century-old farm, and the history of the district of Hamakua.
Our 1 hour tastings include select chocolates from around the world (including Hawai'i), allowing you to experience how a particular region’s climate, soils and terrain affect the taste of the chocolate, "the terroir" as winemakers have so famously coined the term. We make all of the chocolates right here on the farm starting from the dry beans, all of which are sourced from sustainable and fair trade farms. We'll share the history and process of making chocolate from tree to tasting, and you’ll get to view our chocolate-making facility. We’ll also sample the amazing aroma of real Hawaiian vanilla extract, and taste our in-season fruits. Our farm store operates under a Hawai'i County Agricultural-based Commercial Operation Certification where we sell all of our farm products.
Tour and tastings information:
- Tours/tastings are by reservation only, and we have a two-person minimum. If your'e trying to reserve for a single person and aren't able to, wait a day and typically we'll start filling up so that you are able to place a reservation
- Our tours/tastings are limited to 8 people maximum in order to give you the best experience possible.
- Tour fee is $40/person, kids under 10 are $20/each, kids under 5 free (no tasting is included). Please let us know if you have any kids under five that are attending.
- Cacao trees thrive in moist environments, so we operate rain or shine. It's a great rainy-day experience under our dry tasting area with a view of the entire farm. Check the weather link at the bottom of the site to view our current weather.
- Visit our farm store after the tour to purchase our products
- We operate our tours Monday thru Friday from 2 to 4pm and Saturdays from 10am to noon, with a few exceptions, and the booking calendar will clarify those. If you have special needs or are interested in a group event, please use our contact page and let's see if we can make something work.
- Cancellations made 24 hours in advance will receive full refund. All others will receive a a partial refund of 50%.
- Click on a calendar date for availability.